13 Hidden Features of Apple iOS 6
Think You Know Apple’s New iOS 6? With over 200 new features, it’s doubtful.
- Apple’s completely redesigned Maps app replaces Google Maps in iOS 6. Simply pinch to zoom out, like you normally, and keep doing it until the map becomes a globe.
- Panorama mode actually works with any iOS device that has a dual-core processor.
- You can finally insert photos into an e-mail draft. Tap and hold on a blank area in the email until the cut-and-paste menu appears.
- The YouTube app has been removed from the default install of iOS 6. But if you want it back, you can download the new YouTube app from the App Store.
- Sharing Calendars can now be done straight from iOS 6.
- Email now has a mark as unread function. Tap on the flag to choose from flagging an e-mail or setting it as unread.
- With iOS 6, each e-mail account can have its own unique signature.
- On the iPhone the default Navigation voice can be alarmingly loud, especially if connected to a car stereo. To adjust the speaking volume of your robot navigator, go to Settings > Maps
- Photo Stream now offers a pretty easy way to share photos with groups of friends without posting them to the Internet for all the world to see.
- Now you can customize alarms for certain days of the week and set a song from your music library as your alarm tone.
- New ability to delete both artists and individual tracks lets you remove these offending tracks. Just slide from left to right on an artist or track to bring up the delete button.
- Although the new Passbook function isn’t fully available with application support yet, one of the best things about Passbook is the option to access it from the lockscreen. Go to Settings > General > Passcode Lock.
- Apple has provided clearer controls with regard to ad tracking and to granting apps access to your data.