We’re giving away a Roomba Robotic Vacuum Cleaner. Make sure you sign up for our mailing list to enter!
We had a fun show this past weekend talking about innovations with the Air Travel and Consumer Space Travel industries. This show was a follow-up to the big fly-in in Oshkosh Wisconsin which happened around the beginning of August. This fly-in is absolutely amazing and is something I plan on attending on-of-these-years(tm) real-soon(tm).
Anyhow, we were able to find out about space exploration by private citizens, tourists, who will be able to experience weightlessness in space for a few minutes and see the true curvature of the earth. Very cool, even if you don’t have the $100,000 it’ll take to grab one of these first seats.
This past weekend’s we talked about:
- Airline Industry Software Systems with Siva Vajjhala, the Head of the Travel and Transportation Industry Group at mindtree.com
- Making Airline Travel Simpler with Chris Lopinto, the Co-Founder and President of expertflyer.com This is the site to go to if you want to be able to get absolutely great deals on airline travels. The site provides you with all of the inside information and background about each seat available on an airplane. You could end up getting a business class seat and only paying for coach.
- Mobile Check-In for Airlines with Tania Ladic, the VP of Industry Marketing at ncr.com NCR has systems in airports now that allow you to go through security and check-in only using your cell phone. It doesn’t get much easier than this.
- We spoke for 1/2 an hour about Commercial Aviation with Seth Kaplan, the Managing Partner at airlineweekly.com
- If you’ve ever wondered about traveling in space, this is the interview for you. We spoke about Space Tourism with Jules Klar, the Chairman and CEO over at rocketshiptours.com
- Do you know someone who can’t travel via airplane because they need supplemental oxygen, and can’t be certain they’ll have enough oxygen to survive the inevitable delays? We spoke about Avation Medicine with Dr. Brent Blue, the Founder of http://www.aeromedix.com/
Evinrude, A company that has been providing power to your boat since your Grandpa was a young whipper-snapper. Well, 2009 they reached a corporate milestone, celebrating a 100 years since their founder, Ole Evinrude revolutionized the marine industry with the invention of the first commercially successful outboard engine in 1909. They have been brought into the Bombardier Recreational Products family which will ensure a bright future of innovation for Evinrude.
New for this year is their EPA-certified E-TEC environmentally friendly outboard engine. It has the lowest reportable emissions of any outboard engine and is 300 pounds lighter and 50% quieter than any other two-stroke engines. With their technological advanced engine management computer making 8 million calculations per second to assure that boaters use the precise amount of fuel at any given RPM it even uses 44% less fuel than engines that use older technology.
About Evinrude: Ever since that landmark day when Ole Evinrude paddled to fetch ice cream of his love, sparking the idea for the boat motor, Evinrude has been pushing the boundaries of what boats and marine engines can do. From manufacturing the first detachable boat row boat engine to setting speed records and building engines and parts for the U.S. military, Evinrude has been among the most trusted names in boating. A member of the BRP family, a name synonymous with quality and innovation, Evinrude has its sights set on providing boaters
Evinrude recently launched the ICON, a state-of-the-art digital user interface system for E-TEC outboard engines. The new system is designed to provide boaters with convenience and ease of operation and includes gear position indicators, neutral throttle advance, synchronized engine trim, RPM tune and a unique PowerSync control for multi-engine applications.