Bad Weather Instruments + No Monitoring = Global Warming
What happens when weather stations produce corrupt data? We get bad science that you can actually see. Unfortunately we’ve also ended up with bad public policies.
Anthony Watts of www.surfacestations.org has a big piece of data to share. 30% of the weather stations here in the United States are flawed. Click on the picture on the right to see a station in Forest Grove, OR with an air conditioner exhaust blowing directly on the temperature shelter, with nearby asphalt and buildings — and this isn’t the worst offender. To see for yourself just how bad the science is, check out these links:
- More than 500 Stations Now Surveyed
- How Not to Measure Temperature
- Adjustments to the surface temperature records are making the problem worse.
- How not to measure temperature part 2
- Temperatures in the past 10 years have not risen globally
- Temperatures have dropped signifcantly in the past year
- Hurricanes and Global Warming are not linked after all, NOAA says so in new press release and study.
- Some leading scientists are now questioning AGW where before they were afraid to speak out
Anthony Watts – A biography
Weather measurement and weather presentation technology his specialty. He also provides weather stations and custom weather monitoring solutions via www.weathershop.com (if you like his work, please consider buying a weather gadget there, StormPredator for example) and www.tempelert.com, and turn key weather channels with advertising at www.viziframe.com The weather graphics you see in the lower right corner of the blog are produced by his company, IntelliWeather.
While he has a skeptical view of certain issues, he considers himself “green” in many ways, and he promotes the idea of energy savings and alternate energy generation. Unlike many who just talk about it, he’s put a 10KW solar array on his home, plus a 125 KW solar array on one of his local schools when he was a school trustee. He’s retrofitted his home with CFL’s and better insulation, as well as installed timer switches on many of his most commonly used lights. He encourages others to do the same.