In a world of search engines, social networking, smartphones and converged mobile devices, students have access to more information than one could process in a lifetime, Abilene Christian University launched a mobile-learning initiative, Connected, in 2008. The initiative trains students to not merely consume these vast amounts of information, but to assess information, to synthesize thoughts, to generate new ideas, and to contribute meaningfully to conversations of global importance.
- Black Friday 2013 Update
- How to Protect Your Windows XP Investment Well Past Microsoft’s Drop Dead Date
- We Need a Free Press for All
- “Tech Surges” Just Never Work
- Mass Spying by the NSA Explained in Five Minutes
- UK Using Computers to Predict Crime
- Which States Restrict Done Use?
- Finally, an FAA Panel Agrees That Our eDevices Won’t Crash Planes
- Turns Out Android Performance Numbers Are Over-Cooked
- Google Launches Free Tool to Build Interactive Advertisements