Mimi Donaldson motivational speaker and author of Bless your Stress — It Means You’re still Alive joins Craig to discuss the pros and cons multi-tasking, it’s when Blackberries are the latest technological craze to sweep soccer moms and business execs alike.
Multi-tasking seems to be the obvious solution with this many activities, but does it lead to future issues?
– The Stress Olympics: why everyone brags about busy they are. People actually compete to be the busiest. It’s like a badge of courage!
– The benefits of slowing down
– The “Myth-Guided” Notions on Multi-tasking (for example:It isn’t always a good thing. People need to know their limits)
– Pushing the “Pause” button
– The Official Control Release Form and how to relinquish control in your life
– Me, Myself and I: Why multi-tasking feels so good? It’s because it gives us the illusion of productivity
Since 1984, Mimi has spoken at over 900 events in dozens of industries, in over 100 cities across North America, and to audiences throughout Canada, Europe and Mexico. Mimi has spoken at company events for 32 of the Fortune 500, 18 of which are listed in the Fortune 100. She holds a Masters Degree in Instructional Design from Columbia University and was a staff Human Resources Specialist with Walt Disney Company, Northrop Aircraft, and Rockwell International.
Mimi has been a featured guest on countless radio stations including KABC Radio in Los Angeles and numerous television appearances including Good Day New York. She’s been the subject of over 200 articles in newspapers and magazines, having been featured in the Chicago Tribune, Boston Globe, Denver Post, Ladies Home Journal, and Harvard Management Review.
Mimi has shared the stage with such notable celebrities as Colin Powell, Elizabeth Dole, Maya Angelou, and Katie Couric.