I am looking for an internet-savvy, English speaking, personal virtual assistant to work 20 to 40 hours per week on an hourly basis. I need a virtual assistant on a on going basis to conduct online research on a variety of different topics and industries, as well do a variety of tasks from writing reports, handling correspondence, transcribing letters to making phone calls.
Research tasks include researching/finding individual people and/or companies via blogs, websites and forums and preparing reports/briefs; researching current topics in the news including people, companies and technologies and writing reports about them.
Ongoing duties may also include:
– schedule meetings with others
– answering, filtering or writing emails
– making phone calls as part of research tasks
– returning or assigning the return of phone calls to others
– research products and write reports based on your research
– other tasks that I find too time consuming
You must be a self-starter, RELIABLE, computer savvy and FLUENT in English. You need to be available via SKYPE, email and occasionally phone to discuss projects. You may also be required to make some phone calls using Skype, so good spoken English is necessary.
Please state your HOURLY RATE as well as WEEKLY RATE in your bid. I may end up hiring you on a weekly basis depending upon your availability, professionalism and rates.
This job is suitable for individuals looking for stable work, perhaps a college student or someone who wants to free-lance part-time from home, preferably living in a country where the cost of living is very low, e.g. India, Eastern Europe. My business is still growing so I can’t spend a lot of money.
This is a simple job for the right person. I’ll pay anywhere from $3 to $6 US per hour. If your hourly rate is way above that, you’re overqualified for this position – please don’t bid.
The right person:
– Is computer savvy and very adept at using the Internet
– Has daily access to a high-speed internet connection
– Is available for contact via Skype, email, phone, etc.
– Is very competent at doing research, especially on the internet
– Knows, or at least be familiar with, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word,
PowerPoint, Access), Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Adobe
– The ability to use ftp and do website tasks is a big bonus
– Speaks FLUENT English – this is very important; excellent command of
the written English language is essential (spelling and grammar);
bids written in less than perfect English will be ignored.
– Is very detailed oriented, organized, and takes pride in doing
– Is willing to learn the ins and outs of my business so that they can
work independently on projects
– Is able to learn quickly, and be familiar with computers and various
computer programs. I am less concerned about current knowledge, but
am looking for desire and willingness to learn.
– Is willing to sign a NDA (not necessary initially, while we’re
trying to decide it it’s a good fit, but probably will become
necessary if we decide to make it a long-term relationship)
– Must be creative and resourceful, and be able to think
– Is reliable, trustworthy, and respectful of deadlines
All worked performed will be considered a “Work for Hire” and I retain all rights. You must be able to transfer all rights to me upon completion of each project, therefore you may not use copyrighted works as part of your work product.
We will work out a fair way to remit your payments in installments. You will be paid every 2 weeks via Paypal (preferred), or other suitable method.
If you are interested in working with me, please bid your most competitive HOURLY and WEEKLY rates, and provide me with a copy of your resume/references, sample work, sample writing and anything else you think will convince me that you’re the best person for this job. In your bid, please tell me why I should choose you.
You will gain a lot of knowledge, experience, and marketable skills as a result of this job. I am a successful serial entrepreneur and expect this new business to go a long way.
Note: please do not submit generic bids, I want to know that you have actually read my request and have given some thought to your response. Canned responses will be ignored. Remember, bid PER HOUR and PER WEEK and fluent English speakers only please.
To prevent automated responses, please put the words “Virtual Assistant” in you response and send it to craig at my craigpeterson.com domain.