You’re mobile device is safer on the road/at home if you do a few things
Enable Encryption on Android Devices
- Go to the Apps screen, tap the Settings icon.
- Tap the More tab.
- Scroll down and tap the Security icon.
- Tap the Encrypt Device option.
- Once the screen says, have your password ready, and be sure that the battery is at 80 percent or higher. It is important to set aside and hour or more when you will not require the use of your phone and to keep your device plugged-in.
Enable Encryption on iOS Devices
- Locate the settings menu on your iPhone or iPad by selecting the settings icon.
- Find the Touch ID & Passcode option and click it
- Turn on Passcode and then enter a secure password
- By instituting a secure password will automatically allow device encryption. You can verify that it is turned on by locating the text “Data Protection is Enabled” on the passcode menu