Sell Your Phone for Cash
First, here are your top tips for knowing what buyers will and will not pay for:
- Secure a current exchange value for your smartphone
- Best to have unlocked phones or phones from AT&T
- Mint (or like-new) phones have the most value, while broken and defective can be good for those who buy parts
- Your phone may just be good for free recycling if it’s just too old
- A good choice in color can also be good for money — think “Limited Edition”
- Don’t be too attached to your phone, as personalization are not worth a lot, especially engraving
- Fewer accessories (batteries, chargers, cables) = Less value
Now, here are the top choices to exchange them for cash or a new gadget.
Straight From the Stores
[table id=1 /]
*As of 3/18/2016 (See reference)
Remember to choose which suits you best and where you will be spending your money, notice that some vendors provide gift cards.
Sell or Trade-in Online
These mobile providers could be worth your time checking on their buying and trade-in options.
Always consider your use for the needed cash or trade-in gadget, their worth for the current condition, and how easy or fast you’d need the cash or new gadget for. The easiest way would always go for the trade-ins, and could get around $400 for an iPhone. Hardest option would definitely be putting it up for listing on places like eBay or Craigslist and finding a direct buyer. And, some others would prefer directly with their carriers.