Gifts and Tools for the Holidays
This weekend’s show is full of great information for gift givers — Christmas or otherwise. Check it out on the Tech Talk With Craig Peterson website. Guests include:
- Darren Ward from Planon who talks about about their DocuPen RC800 full-page color scanner for students, attorneys and business people (and even wine enthusiasts).Planon DocuPen Pen Scanner – DPEN-RC800
- Phillipe Schwartz the CEO of OoVoo — a free online tool to video conference your family Christmas morning or any time.
- Eric Brown the CEO of ImpactGames, the maker of an inexpensive PC-based game call Peace Maker designed to help kids or adults better understand the Israeli/Palestinian conflict. It’s quite cool and a great teaching aid. Even schools have started using it. PeaceMaker: Play the News. Solve the Puzzle. (Mac or PC)
- Nick Chernoff the Boston District Manager for Radio Shack. There are lots of last-minute gifts available for everyone on your list.
- Robert Pederson the CEO of Zagg Industries about their InvisibleShield product line. This is a very useful covering for your cell phone, iPod or any device with a screen, face or case you’d like to protect. Coming out of military technology, these covers are top-notch! invisibleSHIELD – iPod Video 30gb – Full Body Protector
- Dr. Marion Somers an eldercare expert about which Technologies your Parents or Grandparents would really enjoy. She’s also the author of an easy-to-read and use Elder Care Book called “Elder Care Made Easy“.
- Christopher Celeste of Playaway Digital, a company that makes an innovative technology to allow people to listen to their favorite books without having to have or use an MP3 player, ripping CDs, etc.
- Yahoo Techspert and Gadget Hound Ben Patterson and I talk about some of the best and some of the worst gifts for this year. Ben has written a few articles that I’ve quoted in the past, including naming Vista as one of the worst products… ever. I knew I liked this guy — he even has some good advise.
- Les Jickling talks about their Computrace® LoJack® for Laptops which helps recover stolen laptops at a rate dozens of times better than the feds.
- Steven Ostrowski from the Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) talks about their survey of members. What are the top 5 tech gifts for techies this year?
All-in-all, another great show to be broadcast on December 22nd, 2007.